When people ask me how I treat a particular condition, I often answer “it depends.” As a functional medicine doctor, I treat the cause of the symptoms instead of managing the symptoms. For example, in pharmaceutical medicine, seasonal allergies are treated with an antihistamine. Antihistamines block the signal that your immune cells send out when they encounter an allergen. The antihistamines stop the allergic response at one of the last steps of the process. Functional medicine treatments for allergies are directed at correcting the root cause so treatment for allergies may include treatments for immune changes that begin in [...]
Third Stone Health Newsletter
- Why Acid Blockers Are Not Good Long-Term Solutions for Heartburn
- What Causes Lipedema and What is Happening to the Affected Area?
- The Role of Inflammation in Body Weight: An Intro to the Biology of Fat
- 6 Reasons Why You Can Still Have Symptoms in Celiac Disease After Gluten Elimination
- Lipedema: An Underdiagnosed Cause of Weight Loss Resistance
alternative medicine apps baby children collaboration complementary medicine constipation conventional medicine diet Dr. Anne Procyk Dr. Gwenn Rosenberg Dr. Procyk Dr. Rosenberg evidence based functional medicine health Healthcare Team Holistic Pelvic Care IBS-C insect repellent integrative healthcare Integrative Health Care team local magic pills meal planning medical history medications natural naturopathic medicine neti pots parenting personalized health care physical body Postpartum prescription root cause Seasonal Allergies shopping list sinus cleansing snake oil symptoms TAGS: Third Stone Integrative Health tech resources Third Stone Integrative Health treatment options